Friday, May 8, 2009

I'm so tickled by my son

I've been fighting off a cold over the past week. It finally caught up with me and I took yesterday and the day before off from work because I was basically too damn exhausted!

Today, I'm feeling somewhat human again so I made it back to work and managed to do some grocery shopping after wards. I still don't have a/c in my car and its 102 degrees outside and probably at least 150 in my car. This makes it a very interesting feat to get home without melting the popsicles and hard boiling my baby!

I sped home, put the groceries away and collapsed on the couch. As I felt my body revive from the heat, I could tell that junior was getting rejuvenated too. Don't get me wrong, I've been feeling him wiggling around in there for a while now. Last night, Cam even got to feel him move around for the first time.

Today, he kicked and punched so much that I swear he has a future in martial arts. This started an interaction where he would make a move and I responded by jiggling my hand on the spot and saying, "do it again, D.L!" and he would do it again. This happened a few times before my cat, Nina got so curios that she came right up and sat on my lap so her face was nose against my belly. Her eyes dilated and she started purring every time a roundhouse or elbow shot from Renzo made my belly shake.

The whole scene was absolutely hilarious and I began to laugh out loud uncontrollably, which of course stimulated him to move even more... which in turn made me laugh even more. WOW! I'm 23 weeks along and it is official! My son has tickled me for the first time and made me laugh! I dream of the day when I'll be able to return the favor by tickling and making him laugh.

1 comment:

  1. That was such a sweet story! Theres nothing else in the world better than feeling your baby move and kick and "tickle" inside of you. I'm glad your already laughing with little Lo.

    ReplyDelete