Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Houston... we have a belly


Well, this is the last week of the second trimester and my belly seems to be ballooning by the second. I'm happy to say that I no longer have a sore throat or any of the other ailments I was dealing with before. My dreams are no longer nightmares and I'm back to getting up only once or twice a night to go to the bathroom. No more getting up to blow my nose, clear my throat, or cough out a lung! Yay! Simply put, I'm feeling really good!

Baby Daniel seems to be on a pretty regular schedule of movement. He really likes it when I eat and starts to wiggle around a little after meals. His activity really picks up at night and he has started to show signs of responding to noise and voices. We were over at Auntie Danielle's yesterday for maybe an hour. He didn't move the whole time until she asked about him.

"How's Danny?" she asked.

As soon as she said his name, he swiftly kicked me in the gut. I laughed and was able to have Danielle put her hand over the spot so she could feel him kick and sure enough, he did it again. Such a show off! So far, I've been able to share his movement with Cam, Ashli, Cindy, and Danielle. Every time I'm able to share wiggles and kicks with a new person, I feel reassured that he is on his way and excited to be with us.

I've been in the habit of saying that I'm excited to meet him, but the truth is that I've known him for a very long time. I think the thing of it is, I just haven't been able to meet up with him in at least a few lifetimes. I guess it would be more accurate to say, I'm excited to finally reunite with him. Its been a long time coming and now it comes down to a mere three more months! Can't wait to hold you in my arms D.L.!

No comments:

Post a Comment