Thursday, April 23, 2009

20 Questions answered by mom

What color do you think your child's eyes will be?

I'm thinking blue. That would be amazing if he had my eyes and his dad's skin. I've always liked the contrast of light eyes against dark skin.

How will you talk to him about sex?

I want to be candid with him from an early age. I hope to talk to him in a way that he is never ashamed of his sexuality and always feels comfortable to talk to his mom or dad about anything he wants.

What do you think will be your biggest challenge as a parent?

My biggest challenge will be in separating what is my style of parenting versus what has been ingrained in me from my parents.

What is the biggest gift you have to offer your son?

I want to share my inquisitive nature with him so he grows up knowing the importance of questioning everything from things on the news, right down to the notion of reality.

In what ways will this child change your life?

I'm sure in ways I can't even imagine at this point, but I really look forward to having a chance to reflect on my own life as I watch him face the challenges each time period in his has to offer.

What t.v. mom do you hope to be like?

Abby from "Dharma and Greg."

Will he wear boxers or briefs?

Probably boxers.

What kinds of activities/sports do you think he'll be interested in?

I don't know that he'll be big into sports. I'm sure we'll take him camping quite a bit and his dad will probably kick the soccer ball around with him. I want him to stay active, but I don't want him to feel pressured to do anything he doesn't want to do.

How will having a son affect you as a woman?

I have a lot to learn about boys and men and I see that having a son is a great opportunity for me to expand my scope of understanding of them.

What kind of hope do you have for him?

I hope he grows up with just enough conflict to build his character, but not too much to break him.

Who do you think will spoil him the most?

So far, I think Grandma Cindy and Auntie Danielle are up there on the list.

What do you think his first word will be?

Cat

Do you think he'll register to vote?

I think he will, I just don't know when.

Will this kid have any siblings or be an only child?

I hope to have maybe one brother or sister for him, but probably not more than that. There's nothing wrong with being an only child!

Where will he go on his first trip?

His first big trip will probably be to visit family in Seattle.

What age do you think he will have his first girlfriend?

8

Will he be a mama's boy or daddy's boy?

Probably mama's

Will he have lots of friends or be a loner?

He just might be a loner with lots of friends!

How many times will his heart be broken?

Too many to count. I think he'll be in love a lot.

What will his favorite animal be?

Well, considering the cats all take turns laying on my belly, purring and making him move around like a Mexican jumping bean, I think its safe to say that he'll be partial to cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment