Friday, September 7, 2012

How To Encapsulate the Placenta

I haven't posted my birth story yet. While I continue to work on composing it, I'd like to share another accomplishment. After the birth, my placenta was put in freezer for later use. Today, I thawed it out and processed it into pills. Here's how I did it...

 I took this beauty, rinsed all the excess blood off and blotted with paper towels.



I added lemon, ginger and hot pepper to a pot with water and a steamer basket. 



On go the placenta and the lid to be steamed for 20 minutes


Here's the cooked placenta. It shrunk a lot! 


 Next, the cord and the membrane get trimmed off. No Baxter, I'm not making dog treats!


 The trimmed placenta gets sliced into thin strips


 The strips are spread out on a baking sheet


 Popped them in the oven for a few hours on the lowest setting


 Once they're dry and brittle like jerky, they're done


 The jerky gets ground into a fine powder by using a mortar and pestle



I lined my pill machine with capsules and filled it with the powder.


Spread it out with a card


Tamped it down, then put the caps on all the pills.


Final result...76 capsules of my placenta that are now in my freezer ready to be consumed!


No comments:

Post a Comment