Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Getting My Shit Together

I made one last trip for a prenatal test yesterday. It was for group b strep (GBS) and I should get the results on Friday. I can't believe this time is finally here. I never took the GBS test with my last pregnancy because I went into labor at 36 weeks. I am happy to say that tomorrow marks my 37th week. This is very exciting for me, but its also a reminder that week 40 is just around the corner and I'd better get my shit together! I've been spending time collecting all the supplies I'll need for a home birth.
The black garbage bag contains a blanket for the floor if needed, a second set of sheets for my bed, and a shower curtain. The bed is to be double wrapped with the sheets you want clean on the bottom, then a plastic barrier, then a sheet set that's okay to get dirty on top. That way once I give birth, we can just strip off the top layers and have a clean set underneath:
The paper bags contain everything that I've washed twice. Once with detergent. The second time in plain hot water to remove any detergent residue. Then it was all run through the dryer. There's receiving and baby blankets, outfits for the baby, baby towels, bath towels, hand towels, and wash cloths:
The plastic tub contains all the other supplies like disposable under-pads, plastic sheets, big black garbage bags, gloves, straws, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, cotton swabs, cotton balls, sanitary pads, bulb syringe, stop watch, blood pressure cuff, pen and paper, debris catchers, wipes, lavender oil, tea tree oil, ibuprofen, flushing bottle, flash light, gallon zip lock bag, scissors, and cord clamp.
Other items I have on hand that aren't pictured include diapers, heating pad, red raspberry leaf, motherwort, red wine, vitamin B complex, calcium lactate, lip balm, candles, music, video camera, and a full tank of gas. I've also made sure to fully stock my freezer and fridge with pre-made meals and snacks both high in protein and carbs:

 As a bonus, Danzo's birthday was not too long ago, so I was able to put away some of his presents and put together some goodie boxes for him to have when the baby comes so he doesn't feel left out. There are prizes and fun games in one box and brand new books and a finger puppet set that he's never seen in the other.
I've paid all the bills through the end of the month, have plenty of other things on hand like food and medication for the animals. Danzo has started to learn to take care of a few things himself. He's completely potty trained, pouring his own drinks, getting his own snacks out of the refrigerator, putting his dishes on the kitchen counter when he's done eating, and learning the importance of keeping toys off the floor.

All I have to do now, is continue my daily work of eating well, drinking water and raspberry leaf tea, taking my supplements and working some exercise in. I am feeling more confident and strong than ever. My faith that my body will take care of what it needs to do is at an all-time high. Thanks to all of you who continue to send good thoughts and prayers my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment