Friday, January 20, 2012

A New Journey

Its true. I'm pregnant again! Seven weeks along as of yesterday. I know its a little early to announce it to the world, but I've thought about it and I'm ready for whatever comes my way. Whatever happens, I want to write and share. This is my third pregnancy. Sadly, my first ended with a miscarriage after 13 weeks. I'm pretty sure I was going to have a girl. Her name would've been Chloe. My second resulted with a wonderfully healthy boy named Danzo. He's been making me laugh, smile, and cry for almost 2 and a half years now.

It wasn't until around October, 2011 when we decided we would like to be blessed with another child. I had so many struggles with the miscarriage and trying to get pregnant with Danzo for 2 years, I decided to adopt a new attitude the third time around. This time, I was laid back and happy with whatever came my way. After all, if it didn't happen right away, I always had my little Danzo to keep me company.



Along with a new attitude, a few other factors helped in the making of this new baby in my belly. After years of having the marriage debate, Cam and I finally decided to just go ahead and elope at the local courthouse. We're pretty poor and we didn't really know what to do for rings so I started to dig through my jewelry box to find something... ANYTHING!

I came across an old hemp ring for him and a beautiful diamond ring for me. The origin of the ring was very hazy for me. I thought it must've been from my mom. I guess I didn't understand its value at the time it was given to me because it was long before I would have even wore nice jewelry. If I had to guess, I think I got it in middle school or early high school. I put it away without much thought until the day we tied the knot on December 16, 2011.



Luckily, after all this time, the ring was a PERFECT fit. As if it was meant to go on my finger that exact day. After the ceremony, I snapped a picture of the mysterious ring on my finger and sent it to my mom and aunt to confirm its origin. Neither of them had ever seen the ring their entire lives. Hmmmm. So it wasn't from my mom, aunt, or my mom's mom. I guess my dad had given me the ring. It must have been his mom's ring.

With everything aligned for us on that day here on earth, it was also aligned across the universe. We had just been sealed together through the sanctity of marriage, I was ovulating, my dad and his mom were in heaven and her ring was on my finger. We made love that very day (and few times that night) and I got pregnant! Its a story too good not to share and I look forward to this new journey ahead. Here we go with another one!!!

1 comment: